Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Stuff I found on Amazon

Amazon may be one of my favorite bookmarks. Where else can you find music, movies, and a nail gun -- and a compressor to run it -- all in one place? So having recently discovered the band Good Charlotte, I decided to see what kind of deals I could get on their music and merch.
So I used the search terms: good charlotte (Well? What would you use?)

Some of the items you'd expect. CD's, the odd DVD, MP3 downloads, T-shirts... you know, the usual. But it appears that someone actually wrote a book on these guys and the startup of the band. Impressive since a disturbing percentage of pop stars these days have reading skills that might be called "questionable".
Story Of Good Charlotte
Story Of Good Charlotte by Doug Small (Paperback - Jan 1, 2004)

Good Charlotte Riot Girl Air Freshener
Then came this gem; the Good Charlotte Riot Girl Air Freshener by Old Glory. (Makes agreat gift! Because we all know that nothing shows you care better than a gift that says "your car stinks".)

Further into the list we find what may have been the inspiration for the band's name. I guess we have to read the other book to find out for sure.
Good Charlotte by Carol Beach York and Victoria De Larrea (Paperback - Feb 1994)

Charlotte's WebAs we progress through the list, the search terms start to break down. I might have expected to find Charlotte's Web in the list somewhere, but I wasn't prepared for Charlotte's Web by Sega of America, Inc. (Nov 21, 2006) (Windows 2000 / 98 / Me / XP) I mean come on... Charlotte's Web: The Video Game? I know merchandising is where the real money is made, but isn't this a bit much?


After that things got downright "homey" for a guy from North Carolina. Or for some guys it would be anyway. Like the NBA fan.
Charlotte Bobcats NBA Men's "Coaches Series" Watch
Charlotte Bobcats NBA Men's "Coaches Series" Watch by Game Time
Or the baseball fan (for those who didn't know, the Charlotte Knights are a baseball team in the AA Southern League. Or were anyway.)
Charlotte Knights Extreme Neon Baseball
Charlotte Knights Extreme Neon Baseball by Bmore Sports (Division of PTC Intl)


But then came the coup d'grace.


Good Sex: A Woman's Guide to Losing Inhibition by Charlotte Kane.
Good Sex: A Woman's Guide to Losing Inhibition
Guys, pay attention here. This does not make a great gift. Unless of course you don't care about never getting any from the girl you give it to ever again.
Too bad Amazon didn't put a Look Inside! link on this one...



Is This Thing on?
I started tweaking my layout today and added a Sitemeter tracking device just to see how many guests I entertain with my blistering wit.
Within hours I noticed that my traffic had doubled. That's right, a 100% increase.


I had two. And they were both me.


Now you might think I'd find this disappointing. And it is, in one way. But it's also very liberating. Because it means I can pretty much write anything I feel like, and nobody's going to be offended.


Stumble This!

No comments: