Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Ruby Tuesday #16: Equal Time


"Stop on the Corner"
Raleigh, NC - October 2008 (Click to embiggen)

Ruby Tuesday - Are you red-dy? Hosted at

Since my last Ruby Tuesday featured a good dog, I thought maybe I should give cats equal time. Or, actually, give CAT equal time. CAT is Capital Area Transit, the city bus line that sevres my hometown. It replaced the old City Coach Lines back when I was in high school. CAT and TTA (Triangle Transit Authority which serves Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and the Research Triangle Park) are pretty much it for mass transit around here. And nobody's making any noises about changing that any time soon. So you folks who are accustomed to hopping on the bus or the subway or the trolley... get ready for a culture shock when you come to town. It doesn't quite work the same here. Not yet anyway.
Stumble This!

14 comments:

Robin said...

It's always fun to hear the backstory behind a photo, especially when it gives you a glimpse into a faraway land.

maryt/theteach said...

But I really like the sign, Mojo! Mr. Linky is up. I'm taking my chances...

EG CameraGirl said...

Hey, Mojo. Buses aren't awful...are they? ;-)

Mojo said...

@EG: It's not the buses that are awful. It's the bus service that's awful!

Felisol said...

I've never seen a sign similar to this. Our bus signs are blue, and show a profile..
Love a good bus ride. Nothing to complain about.
Felisol

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Nice shot, not sure, I think ours is blue with a lil pic of a bus like that. Now I'll have to go look. lol

Ralph said...

You must have red in your sign to get attention. And this stylish signage has mine. I wonder if the same style of ruby adorns the diesel powered conveyances. I hope so, in CT most of the busses are a boring blue. A ruby rapid transit system just looks better...

Kaylia Metcalfe said...

Yay for public transportation… I use the system here in SJ every day and I love it. Unless it is raining. Then, not so much love but still glad to have it.

How often do you ride it Mojo? Any funny bus stories you want to share with the group?

RW said...

Great Ruby sign!

eastcoastlife said...

We have a good transport network in Singapore but the service is nothing to rave about.

Buses don't come on time, and they are always packed. We need to wait longer for the buses, so we are usually late for school or work. :(

Carletta said...

Such a clever one you are!
Snoopy's and now CAT - fun post Mojo.
Happy RT - I have to smile at you!

Dianne said...

hey cat is giving out her phone number ;)

Raven said...

A very cool cat indeed! No such thing as public transportation in my little corner of nowhere. Neat sign and anything that's named after a cat has my vote.

ces said...

haha! fair nuff!:)
spiCes RT