Saturday, January 17, 2009

Usually I Wouldn't, But...


So The Quintessential Magpie has tagged me and wants to poke around in my "My Pictures" folder.

The idea behind this tag is that you go to the 4th folder in your "My Pictures" folder (I assume you Mac users have something similar), find the 4th image and post it. Which is fine and cool and all except that the 4th folder in my "My Pictures" folder is the "!ToArchive" folder which is where I move things I'm about to burn to disk. And at the moment... there's nothing in it.

So I improvised and went on to the 5th folder (the "_Christmas_Gifts_2k8" folder happily -- meaning I don't have to be embarrassed by anything that's in it) and picked the 4th image from there. So you get to see what my younger son's girlfriend got for Christmas... only not quite as big. And not framed.

Actually, I'm pretty sure this photo has appeared in a different crop on this blog already. Probably for a Monochrome Monday, but possibly some other meme. But it still counts.

Yes it does!

"Linville Falls"
Boone, NC - February 2001 (Click to embiggen)

Stumble This!

8 comments:

InventingLiz said...

I think I remember this shot from a Wordless Wednesday - I bet it looked great framed!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is a fantastic photo - I love b&w photos

SandyCarlson said...

Your son's girlfriend was one lucky chick to receive that photo. Wow.

Anonymous said...

This picture turned out great.

Robin said...

Beautiful photo, she's a lucky girl.

SaoirseDaily2 said...

Great picture. Ok, so I will go to my fourth folder and then to the fourth picture and sometime today I will post it...this should be fun.

Hope you are having a nice weekend. Do you have Monday off as well. Where will you be watching the inauguration at?

Unknown said...

That's gorgeous. And I don't think I've been visiting here long enough to have seen it before.

What a fun meme. I may have to play, if I have time.

Anonymous said...

Another great B&W image, Mojo. I like the whole composition a lot.