Monday, February 23, 2009

Blue Monday #22: The Hunter


"Death From Above -- if you're a squirrel"
Jacksonville, NC - December 2008 (Click to embiggen)

 Hosted by Smiling Sally

It took me easily two dozen shots to finally get one of this guy that I liked. Fortunately he didn't mind hanging around waiting for me to get them. He was circling a sod farm in Jacksonville, NC where I was watching a schutzhund trial and every time he'd pass close enough for me to get a good shot I'd fire a few frames in his direction. Eventually I got this one.Violence Unsilenced
Stumble This!

18 comments:

Shadow said...

nothing more beautiful than watching these powerful birds of prey...

Kathy W said...

Yeap great shot. Its neat he hung around long enough to get a pic. Hope you have a great Monday.

eastcoastlife said...

Great shot for your patience.
I would have done the same. Wait. :)

SandyCarlson said...

A turkey vulture?

A beautiful shot of this guy loitering around the aerial buffet line.

FH said...

Cool! Soar my bird!

Top of the morning to you. I am tired! Last nigh's Oscar was so great, Bollywood dances were worth waiting until midnight! :))

Judith said...

magnificent - Judith

SmilingSally said...

And it was worth the effort. What a great shot! Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

And what you got is marvelous! It was worth it, Mojo. WOW!

Happy Blue Monday, my friend!

xo,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah...photographing birds can be difficult..Darn buggers don't stay still.....Michelle

Sherri said...

Great photo!!! I always take more shots than I 'need' hoping for the best one. This one is awesome.

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

That is a great photo! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

He's a beauty, indeed!

ArtistUnplugged said...

That is a great shot, very beautiful and powerful looking bird!

I love the old building, alot of brick in that building.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

A fantastic shot and a great capture :)

ellen b. said...

Hi Mojo! This is a great photo of the bird with that great blue sky!!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Blue Monday!

Gorgeous photo!

Susan

Sweetie said...

Wow! What a great shot. I'll have to show this to my grandson. Happy Blue Monday!
Sweetie

magiceye said...

brilliant!