Saturday, March 28, 2009

Thematic Photographic 42: "Drab" v.3.0


"Room With a View"
Baltimore, MD - August 2005 (Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.
In case you missed it: Check out my entry in Nicole B's Scavenger Hunt!

Once upon a time, this neighborhood in downtown Baltimore was probably a jewel. The Mt. Vernon Hotel, which is where this photo was taken form is a stately old lady born in 1907 overlooks much of historic Baltimore, including the Basilica of the Assumption. It also overlooks these rather tired looking structures we could see from our window.Violence UnSilenced
Stumble This!

7 comments:

The Bumbles said...

Baltimore is so photogenic - the decrepit and fancy alike. My Shutterday shot is from there this week!

Shadow said...

i'm a fan of old buildings. way much more character than the modern ones...

Unknown said...

What fascinated me about Baltimore was the old buildings on the bottom with new ones on top.
Probably the only thing I remember. And not sure I'm not mixing up cities. It was over 15 years ago, so, no idea.... :D

Looks like a darn cool place to shoot cool pics though :)

SandyCarlson said...

Looks so fragile yet permanent. My eye went straight to the sagging roof above the gothic window. I thought, "How much time do you have?" So much to take in in this shot.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I love to go to high places. I don't have time to climb mountain so I go to the rooftop of the building when I'm bored.

maryt/theteach said...

Mojo, I joined Carmi's Thematic Photographic - drab, after looking at your post. An interesting, not so drab post! :)

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

This is what I think of when I see the word 'drab.'