Friday, July 24, 2009

Don't You Wish You Were Me Today?


"Yeah, I could live there I guess..."
Topsail Beach, NC - July 2009 (Click to embiggen)


Day 1: To the guy in the white Camry: Have ya heard of cruise control? To the woman in the black Chevy Blazer with the vanity plate that says "CHASEGOD": If you have to chase Him, maybe you got the wrong God, huh? And anyway, if you don't quit trying to read that full-sheet highway map at 70 mph, you'll find Him soon enough. Or He'll find you. To the black GMC Arcadia: Could ya pick one lane? Please?

Do any of these people annoy me? Not much. Not today. Not when I know I'm heading for shots like this one. And this is just the first day.

Despite the collection of idiots on I-40 East, despite the Rains of Doom that did verily fall upon the island in copious quantity (turning the main road of the island into a scale model of the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway), despite the complete absence of restaurants within a 15 mile radius I am as greedily happy as I have been on any trip in my recent memory. For truly, I have no place I have to be. No meetings, no workshops, no business... just me and my Canon and a target-rich environment. I don't know why I didn't do this a long time ago.
Related Posts


Stumble This!

5 comments:

annalarssonphotography said...

Heartbreaking beautiful...

And I DO see a painting sky even though I know the Rains Of Doom is around you.

I just want to break into this..
But my Evil PC of Doom screams:
"Forget it.. Patitence Bitch!" ;)

Ulrica said...

Ooo, I really wish I could stand there to. Beautiful!

Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

love the soft hues in this one...and the grasses on the right, make this one soft 'water color' like photo.

magiceye said...

love this!!!

Unknown said...

What a silly question! Of course.