Monday, July 06, 2009

If You Were Waiting For The Last Minute, It's Here. Most Inspiring Blog Award Voting Closes Today

We Need Your Vote in the 2009 BlogLuxe Awards!

Violence UnSilenced Nominated for 2009 Most Inspiring Blog
 ♥ 


Updated 8:00 PM EDT: Voting has apparently closed. Violence UnSilenced finished second in the voting, but final vote counts were not made available.

For the last several weeks, you've seen this big purple box at the top of every post I've published. Today will be the last day for the big purple box, because today is when the polls close for the 2009 Most Inspiring Blog Award. I've campaigned hard for this because I felt that it was a form of validation for the contributors to , and because I felt that a win would put the blog out there in front of a wider audience. And the campaign has been fairly successful -- as of 6:20 AM EDT VU held a slim lead (14 votes) in the category.

Voting closes today, and right now it's anybody's race. But it's just turned from a marathon to a sprint. So take 5 minutes and cast a ballot (the links above will give you all the details). Then take five more minutes and Tweet it, hit your Facebook friends with it, send up smoke signals, do whatever it is you do when you need to get something out in a hurry. There's still time to pull this out. And it's important so I don't have any problem being shameless about it.

There will be a new survivor story published at VU this morning. If you need any other motivation, go read it. Or read one of the others that's come before it. And after today, when there's no contest to win anymore, go back and read the next one. And the next. Because Violence UnSilenced is about awareness. It's about courage, and it's about survival, but more than anything else it's about awareness and hope. The hope that one day there will be no need for a site like it. Yes, the award is important. But tomorrow when the voting is over, the contributors at VU will still be writing. And the stories won't stop until the silence is shattered and the wall of not-seeing crumbles.

So vote. Read. Comment. And pass it on to someone else.

Stumble This!

8 comments:

snowelf said...

It was number one when I voted.
:)
--snow

annalarssonphotography said...

I have posted two posts to support you! And of course voted myself!

I hope you will have some more votes because of my posts! :)

Best of luck and hugs!

Daryl said...

I suspected double voting wasnt permitted ...

Maggie, Dammit said...

Thank you Mojo!

Maude Lynn said...

Up by 63 when I voted!

Anonymous said...

I voted - I hope I did it right - I wrote my name and e-mail - it said the vote is recorded - is that all the procedure?

Jane Hards Photography said...

Got my vote. Hope it helps. Well done for campaigning so vehemently on a disturbing subject.

Unknown said...

I did this morning. :)