Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thematic Photographic 62: "Abandoned" v.2.0 - "A Freightful Scene"


"Put Out To Pasture"
Raleigh, NC - May 2009 (Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

This is one of two abandoned rail cars I"ve featured before several times on for various themes. They sit in what looks to be an abandoned siding at an abandoned freight terminal in a section of town that was nearly abandoned many years ago before the city council decided to "gentrify" the downtown district. Now the old CTX terminal sits on the fringes of Seaboard Station, an eclectic mix of shops and restaurants. So do these two cars, looking for all the world like the odd cousin at the family reunion. Someday I'm going to find out who owns these two pieces of history and see if they'll let me inside to shoot.
Stumble This!

5 comments:

annalarssonphotography said...

When I see this shot I really want to get inside too...
I can see the pictures before me ;)

I'm sure you'll find the owner!

Daryl said...

All OFF .. end of the line

Jane Hards Photography said...

I hope you can get inside. Worthy of exploring. Having a camera means you never grow up. That's why us big kids become photographers.

Unknown said...

They should stick them in a park - that what silly people do in Wisconsin.

dennisthemennis.co.uk said...

nice shot.

Here is Mine