Friday, October 09, 2009

Thematic Photographic 70: "Hard" v.3.0 - Hard Luck Story


"'Good tires', Bob mused, 'But definitely not great tires.'"
I-40 West near Mebane, NC - August 2009 (Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus (Normally) Hosted by Written Inc.

Note: Please take a moment to stop by the Written, Inc. and visit . And pay your respects to TP's creator, Carmi, on the sudden loss of his father. Best thoughts for you and your family Carmi.


My son has a quote he likes to whip out every time he has to drive in the rain: "Instant Idiots. Just Add Water!" And sadly, I fear he's not far from the mark in this sentiment. Submitted as Exhibit A, this little Honda sport coupe that has somehow found its way down the shoulder to straddle a ditch. I have to wonder if one of the other two shoulder-bound vehicles assisted in this experiment in the off-road capabilities of a Honda Del Sol. Or if the sedan just out of sight around the curve ahead that is sitting sideways with the front bumper dangling from its one remaining mounting bolt had some influence here. It must have been a fairly recent occurrence whatever the case, because this is pretty much as bad as the traffic jam got for me. For which I was eternally grateful because I was on my way to help my son (yes, that son) unpack and assemble all of his furniture.

Your Turn: Got a "Hard" photo to support this week's theme? Feel free to share a link in the comments. If you're new to Thematic Photographic or just wondering how this works, you can find out all about it here or better yet, at TP's usual home.


Stumble This!

1 comment:

SandyCarlson said...

Perfect post for this theme. I am thinking "headed" as in the drivers, too. Crazy.

The hydroplaning concept is lost on a lot of folks these days. Back, ye fools, to drivers' ed.