Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Thematic Photographic 78: "Different" v.7.0 - Another JJ Original


"Where Else But Jimmy John's?"
Greensboro, NC - December 2009 (Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

For those of you not from the US, this may require some explanation. Because I'm not sure that the restroom is referred to as "the can" anywhere else in the world. (Maybe it is, but if you've never heard that reference then this sign is at best not funny and at worst very confusing!) I didn't notice this pictographic colloquialism immediately though. I was too busy trying to read the upside down "vanity plate" over the door. Crude? Perhaps. Funny? Wellll... yeah, I laughed (in that groaning-at-a-bad-joke kind of way). Different? Most definitely.
Stumble This!

5 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

That's hilarious! I didn't catch the vanity plate until you mentioned it.

carmilevy said...

I'd love to have a chat with the person who came up with the pictography. The world needs humor, and bathroom humor is as good a place as any to start.

What a delight!

Peg said...

Although I generally don't find bathroom humor funny, this one really struck my funny bone. THANKS FOR THE CHUCKLE!

Will said...

That's a classic. Is it for real, or a work of art? Looks like the door goes nowhere, but maybe my perspective is off today. Happy WW!

Robin said...

That vanity plate is hilarious. Great catch!