Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Thematic Photographic 82: "2009 - The Year that Was" v.7.0 - Topsail Island, Part 2


"Ride, Boldly Ride"
North Topsail Beach, NC - December 2009(Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

"Surf City Holiday"
Surf City, NC - Decemebr 2009 (Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

"Second Photo of 2010"
North Topsail Beach, NC - January 1, 2010, 7:17 AM (Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

As 2009 sank slowly in the west I hopped back down to Topsail Island for a brief holiday from December 30 to January 1. And this brief excursion not only salvaged a year that could best be described as "extremely adequate", it brought with it some very appealing possibilities for 2010 -- and beyond. (I don't wanna jinx it, but could this be the year that Charlie Brown finally gets to kick that football?)

As I did with my last Topsail Island Adventure, I'm presenting a shot from each day of the trip. The final one is technically a violation of this week's "thematic rule" since it was the second frame I recorded in 2010*. But I've always been able to count on Carmi for a bit of latitude. And with that, I leave you to take in the sights of my newly adopted favorite beach of the NC Coast.

*I would have used the first shot of 2010, but that's what the Shutterday prompt for this week was. Literally, "Your first shot of 2010". So I settled for the second shot of the new year, taken just a few seconds later.


Stumble This!

9 comments:

Robin said...

Crossing fingers for you my friend, that this is in fact your year.

SandyCarlson said...

Here's to sharing that dream of 2010.

Daryl said...

Wishing all your wishes come true ..

snowelf said...

I know it's ridiculously cold there right now, for NC, but the thought of sinking my feet into the summery hot of the sand at the beach right now...mmmmmm....take me away...

--snow

Anonymous said...

Wishing you only the very best in this new year!

Ulrica said...

She really look like she enjoy the sun and the view over the sea :)

I hope both our dreams come true this year :)

Unknown said...

Wow, I am so jealous that you're able to be out and about and enjoying the outdoors without having your snot freeze! Jealous!

carmilevy said...

At this rate, Topsail Island's going to become my new favorite place, too. You capture it with such grace.

Maude Lynn said...

Kick that thing, Charlie!