Thursday, June 12, 2008

Day... 2!

Yes, folks, as of 6:00 pm (a mere 2 minutes ago) I have officially crossed the 24-hour barrier. Another fresh adhesive-backed plastic patch is in place, which reminds me of what I didn't like about those things from last time. (They burn a bit when you first apply them.) It is only 24 little hours behind me, but I can't adequately describe the relief of making it through the first day. Theoretically, they get easier from this point. Right? (right?)

So I have to stop, take a moment and thank all of those people who've helped me get to this point. JC, you are awesome girl. I have no words (note the date folks, it doesn't happen often). Debi, I would not have made it through the first half of this without you. And in no particular order (except the order I happened to cut and paste: db grin, Wordnerd, kenju, Roo, justrun, tracy_lynn, tiff, and mamie... thanks for stopping by (or sending a proxy) and reminding me that yeah, I can pull this off. I have to remember to acknowledge this because (a) I really wasn't expecting it and isn't it always nice to get something you're not execting? and (b) more important I need to keep reminding myself that while it's my issue to deal with, it is one helluva lot easier when you have the support of others.Stumble This!

2 comments:

tiff said...

Day 2! Yee HAW!!!!

What new differences are you noticing?

And hey - how much did you smoke before you quitted?

Mojo said...

Tiff! Nice to hear from yaz. I'm just about to post a new one with some of the new differences but for starters I'd say the biggest one is that I can't sit still without talkin' Cravey's ear off (metaphorically speaking I mean). To answer your question, roughly 33 years at around a carton a week. At my peak(s), more than that. I don't handle "moderation" well.