Monday, June 30, 2008

Variations on Theme Redux: Kat Ballou


"Black Cat"
Hendersonville, NC - July 2006 (Click to embiggen)


"Kat in Black"
Raleigh, NC - September 2006


The top shot demonstrates what happens when you decide not to use fill flash on a solid black cat. Unfortunately, I shot this on film so I didn't recognize the error until much later when it was too late to do anything about it. It's still kind of an interesting shot with the eyes sort of "floating in space" like they are, it's just not what I was going for.

The second shot, however is exactly what I was going for. You might recognize Kat (lead singer for "Sugar") from last week's collection. This shot came from the same show, and was also shot on 35mm. It's one of many shots I've taken of this band (and this singer!), some of which they've used on their own website. But they didn't use this one for some reason and I can't imagine that I didn't send it to them. Because it's one of my personal favorites. (Then again, maybe I didn't send it to them for that very reason.)


Stumble This!

3 comments:

tiff said...

Took me a while to find the cat's eyes in teh first one, but not so long to find 'em in the second one.

Gorgeous subjects, both. ;)

Mojo said...

Yeah, too bad the second one is my oldest son's age. She does photograph well though. And can sing anything from Dusty Springfield to Blondie.

Crazy Charlene said...

mojo, i am glad i'm not the olnly person that posts on the wrong pages~~~BGWD~~~
and thank you for the compliements~~

~~~~~~~~PLAWYK~~BGWD~~