Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Fungilicious - Hot, Barely Legal Mushroom Photos

(He-he-he-he-he ... Google-whore strikes again!)


Dinner Plates I
Raleigh, NC - July 2008


Dinner Plates III
Raleigh, NC - July 2008

Remember the "shelf fungi" in yesterday's post (the one growing on the stump of what used to be a gi-normous oak tree in my back yard)? This is a wide shot of that same growth. Unfortunately you still get no real sense of scale, but the largest of these is about the size of a dinner plate (hence the title).



Marcus Areola II
Raleigh, NC - July 2008

(Please. You couldn't see that one coming?)



Pac Shroom
Raleigh, NC - July 2008

Waiting for the ghosts to turn blue.



Fungal Flower II
Raleigh, NC - July 2008

I really liked how delicate this one looked. It was almost hidden in the gravel and I might have missed it if the Tonka Unit hadn't stopped to sniff at it (that's a Tonka hair you see at the 4 o'clock position that I missed brushing off and didn't feel like cloning out.)



Deep Yellow II
Raleigh, NC - July 2008

I can't decide if I like this color or not. This is another growth on a tree stump, though this one is farther back and well in the shade.


Updates:
Smoking Update: Tomorrow will make five weeks, which ties a personal best record for time quit.

Hot New Lens Update: Got this off the UPS Tracking site about the lens I ordered a few posts ago:

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 07/16/2008

Sweet!
Stumble This!

4 comments:

Craver said...

Dude. You now have a plate to eat your spaghetti-Os from.

I like the color of that last one. Alot.

WOOT! 5 weeks!!!!!!!

Where's my sushi?

Mojo said...

@JC: The spaghetti-o's weren't for me. And if I tell you who they were for, I may have to run for the border. But at least now I can get you something for your birthday that will be a color you like... Assuming that color occurs anywhere other than in [the] nature [of my yard]. And the sushi train is at the station, all you gotta do is get on board. JLH can get a along without ya for a night. She's got her eyelashes to keep her company.

Crazy Charlene said...

congrats on five weeks~~i love the fungi pics~~i got home with mom today~~dad will be transferred tomorrow~~and hopefully in a couple of days i can be back normal(normal for me)~~~thanks so much for post~~and all the thoughts and prayers actually worked~~hopefully i will be able to start catching up tomorrow~~just had to pop in and say hi

Preethi said...

awesome.. and all this at your doorstep.. how exciting!!