Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Sky Is Cryin'


I came to work this morning under a pretty angry looking sky. And predictably said sky was finally forced to unburden itself just as I was heading to the parking deck around lunchtime. Fortunately, this time of year I always carry my umbrella. A big Wilson golf umbrella, big enough for two. Because every time it rains like this The Hollies' Bus Stop starts playing in my head. And I always try to be prepared...
Bus stop, wet day, she's there I say
Please share my umbrella
Bus stop, bus go, she stays love grows
Under my umbrella
All that summer we enjoyed it
Wind and rain and shine
That umbrella we employed it
By August she was mine
So far, no takers.
The Wilson is starting to let a few drips in when it rains like this. I have a feeling it'll have to be retired soon. And its successor? Well, that one'll have to be big enough for two as well.
Just in case.
Because you just never know.Stumble This!

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

This is just plain sweet. That is one great oldie also. Love the way you think. You are a true gentleman. :-)

K~