Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Karmic Cowboy Rides Again

A few months ago it seemed like I was posting something like this about once a week. Somebody was hurting, lost a loved one, lost a good friend, going through ... something almost non-stop it seemed. Then things got quiet and the world seemed to have reacquired its axis. But just in the last week, two people I have an awful lot of respect for have been visited by tragedy. You might have read their blogs -- and if you haven't you certainly should because they're both amazing. But more than that, these are good people who could really use some good thoughts, or prayers or whatever you have to offer right now.

First off, the ever ebullient Carmi at Written, Inc. lost a good friend in what was apparently rather sudden and unexpected fashion. I don't know the details, but if you know him at all, you know there's not much that brings Carmi down.

And in the same week, Maggie at Okay, Fine Dammit published this story about a relative gravely and tragically injured in an auto accident. She and her family could use a little lot of support during this time.

For all the words I know -- and that's quite a few -- I never seem to have the right ones for situations like these. So I'm hoping that some of you can do better than I have. Just a few thoughts, a few words, or if you're so inclined, a few prayers.
Stumble This!

6 comments:

kenju said...

Pray, I can and will.

Maggie, Dammit said...

Thank you so much, babe. And I've been so wrapped up in my own situation I didn't even know what Carmi was going through, so thank you for that, too.

You're good stuff.

xoxo
M

Judith said...

Thanks for popping by my blog and it goes without saying my love, thoughts and prayers surround your family and friends at this time. Judith

tiff said...

Prayers done.

snowelf said...

It's just scary how life can be so unpredictable and unexpected at times. My love to both of them.

--snow

Daryl said...

Good thoughts headed their way

:-Daryl