Friday, March 20, 2009

Recycled: Fashionably Late, or Simply Vacuous? You Decide.


Note: I'm recycling this post since it originally came out a week too early
Oh dear. I hope I'm not too late. See I somehow thought that my dear Ingrid's birthday fell on The Ides of March. But I'm hearing a voice whispering in the dark corners of the dusty attic I call a brain and it's saying to me, "Ahem. No, you simpleton, pay attention. Ingrid's birthday is one month removed from Valentine's Day. Which in case you can't do that kind of math, is today!".

I hope the voice is wrong (because those voices, they're purely insufferable when they're right and you've ignored them) and that I haven't missed it because in her part of the world, the 14th has already come and gone. Plus, if the voice is right I'll just feel completely rotten for having slipped a gear and missed celebrating one of the very finest and most creative and nicheless bloggers I know.

So Ingrid darling, for all the wonderful ways you waste my time on a Friday, for all the marvelous stories you tell, all the odd bits of news you collect and all the amazingly gorgeous photographs you share with us I humbly thank you. And my birthday wish for you is simply that you live as long as you want, but never want as long as you live.

Whenever the anniversary of the blessed event falls or fell, I hope it was a good to you as you have been to all of us. Happy Birthday Darling. And so very many more.

And the rest of you, click on the ice cream to be magically transported to Ingrid's so you can give her your wishes in person. Come, come, off you go now.

Stumble This!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to drop by to say thank you for your support in my Super Heavy Duty Post. I appreciate it greatly.

RA said...

I have clicked the link to Inggrid's pleasant blog... and I think you will be forgiven for this wonderful post :)

Grumpy but sweet said...

What a beautiful and lovely post. THANK YOU...

My birthdays next Saturday (20th) :) but I've decided that in light of your loveliness, I will call this birthday week. :)

Thank you for your sweetness!!

Daryl said...

Happy Birthday, Ingrid .. celebrate ALL month ..

Shadow said...

damn, you just made me realise i forgot my sisters birthday. yesterday. seriously. damn!!!!!