Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thematic Photographic 55: "Cloudy" v.1.0


"A Thematic Trifecta"
Raleigh, NC - April, 2009 (Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

This week's Thematic Photographic is themed "Cloudy", which accounts for one component of my opening volley. But there's more to it than that. You see, TP and I go back a long way -- in relative terms anyway. On June 19, 2008 I posted my very first TP entry in Thematic Photographic 3: "Glass". Not only was that my very first TP, it was my very first photo meme. And from such a small seed sprung the cloud of buttons you see somewhere over there on the right. At the time, I wasn't even sure of the pronunciation of the word "meme" (I finally looked it up on UrbanDictionary.com). Occasionally I find a way to tie the outgoing theme in with the incoming one for v.1.0. For this week that would have mean crossing over from "Green" to "Cloudy"... and as interesting as the possibilities for green clouds might be, I also wanted a tie in to that long-ago "Glass" theme too. So here we are. A bokeh shot of a tree through a clouded over passenger window. Green, glass, and cloudy all rolled into one (pun intended).
Stumble This!

6 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

Baby Puppy described this one as "very peaceful." Mojo, you have a new fan!

carmilevy said...

I love the abstractness of this shot - and am so glad you opened with something less literal than mine!

I'm with Mama Zen in that this photo has an amazing peacefulness to it. It also has a fuzzy context, which you know I so enjoy. If I let my mind wander, it could be a bottle of Sprite, a recent Hubble photo, or the corner of the aquarium just after feeding time.

Either way, inspiring as ever. I'm honored to have played a teeny, tiny, unintentional part in your gateway to memehood :)

Glennis said...

Very nice - and I too like stretching beyond the clouds which first come to mind. Bravo!

annalarssonphotography said...

Gorgeous opening for Cloudy Mojo!

It could be tears, but they seem peaceful.
The green calms me down.

I thought of you when I woke up this morning and get outside :)
Thank you!

Hugs, Anna

Light and Voices said...

I am impressed by how you took a theme and added the glass and the color green to it. You have been gifted with imagination and the "eye" for photography. Great job!
Joyce

dennisthemennis.co.uk said...

VERY creative cloud. WOW.