Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Thematic Photographic 63: "Summer" - v.7.0 "Rowed Hard and Put Up Wet"


"Row, Row, Row of Boats"
Morrisville, NC - June 2009 (Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

Yeah I know, these are sailboats not rowboats. But they didn't have any rowboats at the rental dock and "sail" didn't fit my idiom. This row of boats is actually a row of Sunfish puddle sailers available for rent at Lake Crabtree. If I knew the first thing about sailing, I might come back and give one of them a try. Since I don't, I'll defer that until I can go out with someone who does. Meanwhile I'll settle for this fantastic sunset to bring down the curtain on thematic Photogrpahic's "Summer" theme. That I know how to do.
Stumble This!

6 comments:

ArtistUnplugged said...

Beautiful shot!!!!

plainolebob said...

hey i thought i saw a guy with oars, yes i did on the far shore where the camp fire is.

VALKYRIEN said...

Who cares if there are oars or not - this is a gorgeous shot! Beautiful ligth, I love it!

magiceye said...

breathtaking!

Daryl said...

nice ... very nice .. I hear Taps playing in the background

annalarssonphotography said...

Truly beautiful..