Friday, January 08, 2010

Diamonds in the Rockpile - Class of 2009: The Envelope Please


You may remember (or not) last year about this time when I introduced my own new "blog award" that I call Diamonds in the Rockpile. Big deal... another blogger handing out bling, right? But I wanted this one to be different. I wanted it to be an actual award, not a tag thinly disguised as one. So the "rules" are different. In that there are none. There's no passing this on to "X" bloggers (selected most probably because they're the least likely to stop speaking to you for tagging them) with a link to me and you and turning this into an Amway convention. If you're on the list, you're inducted into the "Mojo Hall of Fame". Period. You're of course welcome to display the badge if you choose to -- or not. The idea being that whether you do or don't, in the opinion of the panel of judge (that would me moi), you've got something going on at your blog that stands out from the crowd. There's no cash prize or big shoe deal that's gonna come from it, it's just my way of saying thanks for doing what you do. Those are the highlights. If you want more details on the history and origins I went into it at length last year.

I didn't really intend to make this an Annual Event when I started it. It wasn't that structured. I figured I'd name the inductees at non-specific intervals over the course of the year with maybe a wrapup at year end or something. But as it so often does, life intervened and so here we are a year later and me putting together a huge post. This goes against every blogging philosophy I have, so I had to split it into blog-sized chunks. But, I reasoned, it's not really any easier to digest a dozen small chunks in one day than it is to digest one ginormous one. Plus, I wanted each of these blogs to have a day in the sun as it were, and being in the middle of a crush of information doesn't give that opportunity.

So I decided to run it over the course of multiple days. And breaking it down to two a day kept it from turning into the next season of 24. So. Beginning Monday January 11, each day you'll meet two (three on Friday the 15th) of these gems.

This year's group has eleven inductees as opposed to last year's ten (which is why there are three on Friday). But that's okay because ten was a purely arbitrary number anyway, and there's nobody on this list I feel like I can cut out. Also, this is an unordered list, there's nothing significant about where each blog falls in relation to the others. They are all equally brilliant. I did, however, try to group them in a way that put similar blogs together on the same day.

Who are these überbloggers? Well telling you that now would spoil the surprise, wouldn't it? Tune in starting Monday and find out!


Stumble This!

1 comment:

Maude Lynn said...

"The next season of 24." Funny, Mojo!