Friday, February 05, 2010

Thematic Photographic 87: "On The Road" v.2.0 - Lehigh Valley


"Le Steep too!"
Bethlehem, PA - November, 2005 (Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

Despite being not much more than a co-pilot to a less-than-seasoned driver on this trip, it was an amazingly good one. My son was visiting friends at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, PA and I was left to my own devices for a weekend with a camera, several rolls of film and one of the most photogenic little burgs imaginable. I'm not exactly sure what the given name for the mountains is in this part of Pennsylvania, but the name I give them is Those Really Steep Ones. There are buildings on the Lehigh campus where ground level at the back is actually on the third floor when you see it from the front. And The Streets of San Francisco have got nothing on the Streets of Bethlehem. I'm not sure what it is about the place that captivates me so, but having spent a weekend getting to know this grand dame, I like her a lot. I need to get back there again. Soon.
Stumble This!

4 comments:

Daryl said...

this is inSPIREing ..

Maude Lynn said...

My blogging assistant, Baby Puppy, really likes this one. According to her, it looks like Dracula's castle.

Unknown said...

Hi, I am visiting from Daryl's blog tonight. I live close to Bethlehem PA! It is so pretty there, isn't it? What a great capture. Just magical : )

Bryan Bengel said...

Actually, you were the driver. I was the navigator. And... Hey look! They moved Duke Chapel!