Wednesday, August 29, 2018

thematic photographic 422 - lights on


"Bridge Over the Haw River"
Saxapahaw, NC - October 2010 (Click to embiggen)

It's been a while, hasn't it? Seems like 10 years since I first came upon Thematic Photographic, but it hasn't. It's actually been a little more than 10 years. I came aboard for Thematic Photographic 3: Glass not knowing if I was even doing it right. Over the next couple of years that first challenge grew into something like 4 or 5 photo posts a day, and the sheer scale of it all was getting to a level that was... well, probably unhealthy. And it seemed like most of the bloggers I knew were abandoning blogging for one social media platform or another (or just giving it up in general). Throw in just general life stuff along with various equipment failures and other priorities and my posts became something like annual events. Just visiting here has become rare. Rare enough that today I got an email form the Blogger team asking if I still wanted to get email notifications of comments. That led me to stop in and look at the notification settings (which took a while to re-learn), and in the process of all this I noticed that there was a recent post to Written, Inc. One click later, I learned that Carmi was still doing Thematic Photographic, and was up to issue 422. That's pretty impressive staying power. (My last entry was TP 116: "Red", in case you were wondering). So in honor of that, I figured I must have something that fits the theme lying around, right? And a little bit of digging in the archives led me to this shot from almost 8 years ago.

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi Hosted by Written Inc.


Stumble This!

2 comments:

Bob Scotney said...

Good to see an old contributor back, this is a theme I love to follow to. it makes me think about more of the shots I take and to enjoy what others post

21 Wits said...

Welcome back, I believe I first played along in 2009. Your many lights are all perfect! Great capture.