Saturday, July 19, 2008

Thematic Photographic 7: "Animals" v.4.0


"Your Shepherd Style is no match for my Husky Style!"
Raleigh, NC - October 2003

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

"Who's this 'Underdog' guy you keep talking about?'"
Raleigh, NC - October 2002

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

"Visiting Old Friends"
Raleigh, NC - October 2003

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

"Grumpy Old Man"
Raleigh, NC - January 2002

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

What? You thought the weekend could save you? Did you forget the recent innovation of post-dated publishing? Pah! Puny humans! Witness my animal-photographing might and tremble!

The top shot came from the Dog Olympics hosted by the College of Veterinary Medicine at NC State University. The "games" provide a venue for several animal related services. At this event there was a microchip clinic, a rabies clinic, and probably a few others that I didn't take note of. This is also a major way in which rescue groups get exposure and raise funds. The Siberian in this photo was a foster dog in the care of Carolina Siberian Rescue.

Below that is another shot from the Dog Olympics. Some of NCRR's volunteers can't resist dressing the dogs up in cutesie costumes. Sometimes the dogs don't mind either.

The third guy was here with his adoptive family. He had been an NCRR dog, found his new home and you can see the result.

And at the bottom is Blue. He may be the ugliest grumpiest looking dog in Wake County. Maybe in the world. He belongs to a bail bondsman. Don't ask me how I know.


Stumble This!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Some say that dogs begin to resemble their owners --- or is it the other way around? Anyway, though I have never personally seen a bail bondsman,I'm pretty sure he would look like Blue!

Great shots of the other dogs too. I love that there are "social" programs for these wonderful animals. I know ours could use something to reconnect with their own kind --- they are resembling us too much!

Donnetta said...

Grumpy Old Man reminds me of my Grandpa! Neat pics. Neat dogs.
Donnetta

Craver said...

I love blue.