Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ruby Tuesday #13: Who Knew That Was There? Redux


"Red Back Door"
Raleigh, NC - September 2008 (Click to embiggen)

Ruby Tuesday - Are you red-dy? Hosted at

This building is squirreled away behind the deck where my parking space is. I've seen it there for years now as I went in or out of the deck, but I never saw this part of it before one Saturday afternoon in September when The Tonka Unit and I went photo hunting. The part of the building I could see in my travels is featured in today's a previous Wordless Wednesday (Tuesday Edition).

(Note: this post was originally scheduled to run concurrently with this one but got bumped a couple of times and wound up ... not concurrent.)


Stumble This!

16 comments:

Ralph said...

Entry doors look fine in red. The brick archway adds a classy elegant style to the entry. Like your eyes are drawn to the arch with an inviting look to the building. the shrub is throwing off a bit of red as well. Ruby is as ruby does!

Jim said...

Hi Mojo, this is a nice picture. Well framed, balance color with red outstanding, etc. I like it.
Now I am wondering what is behind those doors.
If you go there let us know what is in there, it could be more red stuff. They like red.
..

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

I love this shot. But ask anyone in my family I have a thing for red doors. They add character.

Pea in a Pod said...

I love red doors too!~ And this one a great shot:)

Mine is, HERE. Have a great week ahead!

Jane Hards Photography said...

It's so striking and perfect exmaple of when colour is a must.

Dora said...

What an auspicious colour!

Dianne said...

a magical looking place :)

Raven said...

Lovely shot. I love framing and the colors and the shapes and textures. It's amazing, isn't it, how we can sometimes not see things for years and then one day... there they are and we see them with new eyes.

Robin said...

I like the juxtaposition of shapes and colors here. Nice find.

Risa Tzohar said...

Very pretty picture!

Carletta said...

I like the contrast between the red doors and what appears purple(?) on the bush - lovely!

CharmaineZoe said...

Great doorway, love the red colour, particularly with the green branch and blue flowers in front, lovely combination :-)

Catherine said...

This Red colored door looks like an invitation to enter in.
No need to welcome for who live here, it's already done.

ces said...

i just love red doors! nice shot!
here's my late entry

Sunshinelene said...

Lovely red for a door, Mojo!

Check out my RED too here if you have time - http://sunshine-photoblog.blogspot.com/2008/11/ruby-tuesday-10.html

Happy RT!

maryt/theteach said...

Mojo, I LOVE RED doors! Happy Ruby Tuesday! :)