Sunday, March 22, 2009

Thematic Photographic 41: "Drink" v.2.0 - Why Do They Call It Frappuchino?


"My Guilty Pleasure"
Raleigh, NC - March 2009 (Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.
In case you missed it: Check out my entry in Nicole B's Scavenger Hunt!

You wouldn't think this week's Thematic Photographic prompt would be all that difficult. I mean you can't go a day without drinking something right? Trouble is, mostly I'm always drinking the same few "somethings" so after a shot or two they get pretty uninteresting. And in fact, this shot is only a variant on the last one. Both shots involve coffee, just in different forms. The opening act was my normal morning brew, nothing fancy, just brew and pour. But I can rarely go to the grocery store that I don't find myself digging one of the Starbucks Frappuchino creations out of the cooler for the ride home. I don't even really know why I like them. I suppose because they remind me of coffee ice cream? But they're the antithesis of my usual coffee habit, light and sweet... not to mention cold. And yet...Violence Unsilenced
Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

Sara Chapman said...

Love the frothy goodness of the shot. They are addictive, aren't they?

Hey, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. Much appreciated.

SandyCarlson said...

What a pleasure it is! I don't get the names. For the life of me I can't learn to speak java.

Shadow said...

oh that looks nice!!!!!

Annie said...

Looks entice and totally delish. I'm getting intrigued, Jazz, by all these theme spots on your blog. I think I need to start exploring them. Oh, and about the names - well, a frappuchinno by any other name is still a . . . - well, you get my drift. Shakespeare.

kcinnova said...

Kicking myself for not getting the camera out when I was at Panera for breakfast on Saturday morning. I ordered a lovely latte in a REAL cup! As I was enjoying the whole experience of coffee "as it should be" I didn't even think to pull out my camera. *duh!*

I have yet to post for this week...

lisaschaos said...

It's funny that I don't like the bottled version. Just the really icy one they blend for me. :) Yummy!

PastorMac's Ann said...

Love these too, but they must be painfully cold (and I have to keep myself from looking at the calorie information on the side.)

Great photo - so much more interesting that just a straight on view of the bottle.