Monday, March 30, 2009

Thematic Photographic 42: "Drab" v.5.0


"Slush Puppies"
Raleigh, NC - March 2009 (Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.
In case you missed it: Check out my entry in Nicole B's Scavenger Hunt!

When the snow has fallen, crisp and white and fluffy all around it makes for a pleasing winter scene. When it does what it usually does around here however, it's mainly slush and ice that never quite makes the leap to pleasing. It looks more like this view I got on my way to work a few weeks ago. I'm sure my brethren to the north will have no sympathy, but I always find myself looking at the sky and saying, "Snow, or don't. But make up your mind!". So far I've only had a couple of occasions to eat those words, the most recent of those being nine years ago.Violence UnSilenced
Stumble This!

3 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

That's the lonely snow that nobody wants to be around. All it does is make the feet cold and wet.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Call me crazy, but I'd rather have that much snow than none at all (at least in December through February)!
But I'm a little nuts about snow.

Nice job on Drab. I'm still thinking.

NJ said...

I have the perfect boots to wear in that kind of weather...they are called muckers. Great shot!