Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Two4Tuesday #8: "Wet/Dry"

"Opening Night"
Carrboro, NC - July 2003 (Click to embiggen)
Top rated for the week of 4.14.2009

Two4Tuesday

Update: This is an important post in the history of Why? What Have You Heard?. It's the first to actually finish at the top of the list in any kind of voting. (Two4Tuesday doesn't list the actual number of votes, so it may have actually been a tie for first, but that's hardly the point is it?) So a big thank you to all those who voted, and a really big thank you to all those who voted for me.Violence UnSilenced
Stumble This!

8 comments:

Shadow said...

i LIKE this one a LOT!

ArtistUnplugged said...

Very nice photo.....were you outside the window looking in?

maryt/theteach said...

This is a new meme, Mojo. the photo is very interesting and curious! :)

Kaylia Metcalfe said...

Wow, I really like this one... I like thefact that it isn't clear... and until I read the title I actually thought it was something else altogether.

RA said...

I really like your opposite photos. Very challenging meme!

Bryan said...

Before I started getting into photography, I think I'd find it a tad weird if I saw someone crouching in the bushes pointing a camera at a building window. Now I know it's necessary for getting superb shots like this.

The effect I mentioned is the almost-sepia brown colorization. It's not as pronounced in that photo, but the effect seems to work well with many types of nature-y shots so I'm tempted to do it to every photo I open in photoshop. A similar effect was mentioned on Sepia Scenes a few weeks ago with link to:

http://www.digitalpixels.net/2008/04/photo-retouching/color-black-and-white-sepia-mixing-photoshop-tutorial/

My workflow is different, but the outcome is fairly similar.

Anonymous said...

Again another awesome shot, and mono no less adds to the drama. I like the effect of the water in the foreground.
visit
http://aguthrieimages.wordpress.com/2009/04/15/two-4-tuesday/

Lil Bit said...

were you standing out in the rain to take this?

really neat perspective!... very voyeuristic.