Monday, May 11, 2009

Monochrome Monday #32: Open Under New Management


"Not For Sale"
Washington, DC - April 1998 (Click to embiggen)


That title was actually more amusing when I used it on the World in Black & White because the new President had only recently taken the Oath of Office. But it still fits. And since I'm writing this in late February, there's no way I can know what's transpired inside those walls between the writing and the reading. Hopefully a lot of good has come from the change, and hopefully by the time you read this we're starting to see the results. But these things happen in their own time. When I took this shot, this was the residence of the last Democrat to occupy the Oval Office. Hard to believe the things that have happened in the interim sometimes.Violence Unsilenced
Stumble This!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are not disappointed.

Carver said...

Definitely a good one for black and white. I have high hopes for the current occupant although he's inherited quite a mess from GW.

Anne said...

Good reflections around black and white!! Glad i am nok the lady of the House ther.... washing all those windows :-)

Jane Hards Photography said...

Excellent choice. I just watched his speech for the 100 days. Brilliant. The guy is a natural, and I still believe he is the right person for the job.

Marie Reed said...

Hooray for the Black and White House!

magiceye said...

a classic creative post!

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

Timeless..............

Shadow said...

mmmm, you and me both. don't know about change being good or bad yet, will keep you posted...

Clueless in Boston said...

Iconic image. Well done.

Martha said...

Wonderful image! I agree with one of your other comments - timeless definitely comes to mind.

Daryl said...

The new tenants are nice, they planted a garden and got a dog ... and have a much better relationship with the neighbors than the last tenants had ...

Anonymous said...

I did notice "not for sale" lol

I like Daryls comment...:-)

The Explorer said...

this is a classic photo already - but its not the time it was taken, this photo will not loose its essence to American people.

Unknown said...

Perfect for a monochrome! Love it!