Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thematic Photographic 49: "Human" v.2.0


"Heading Home"
Beaufort, NC - November, 2000 (Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

I love the beach any time of year, but in the fall after the tourists all go home may be my favorite. No, there's not as much open and yes, the surf temperature is a little cool for most folks. But there's a tranquility about it you don't get at the height of the summer. Most of the people you'll meet are locals, going about their lives the way they do every day as they have for years. There's a sense of permanence in that, of continuity, of purpose... much like the ocean herself.Violence UnSilenced
Stumble This!

7 comments:

ces said...

i like the serenity of this shot...

Lulda Casadaga said...

Lovely pic...I agree...my husband and I try to get to the beaches of NC at least once a year and we usually go in Sept. In 2002, we went in early Oct and it was still wonderful. I love the smells. The wind & the cool sand on my feet.
I also love it when it rains at the beach...I'm a Pisces, so I need my fix of water at regular intervals! :D

magiceye said...

love the different shades and the overall image.... superb!

PastormacsAnn said...

What a great photo! Wonderful choice for Carmi's challenge this week and I really love the title you've given it.

Shadow said...

i used to get this same feeling of belonging when i got 'my' beach back after the holiday makers once again left peace and quiet behind...

Robin said...

Ohhhhhh... Look at that sky. Bliss. Pure bliss.

carmilevy said...

This speaks peace to the very base of my soul. I'm a fan of quiet season, too. I like to appreciate places when they aren't overrun with humanity. They seem to reveal themselves so much more thoroughly at these times.

I need to live closer to water. Seriously.