Thursday, May 14, 2009

Window Views #4: I Love Rock 'n' Roll


"Tommy Can You See Me?"
Cleveland, OH - August 2005 (Click to embiggen)

Window Views

On the Great College Road Trip of 2005, my son and I found ourselves with two days available to make a one-day drive from Bloomington, IN to Rochester, NY. Sometimes colleges and universities don't consult me when they formulate their campus tour schedules (I know, but what are you gonna do?). But since I-90 was going to take us directly past Cleveland, OH and Cleveland was pretty much the halfway point anyway we decided it made a good layover spot. Okay, okay, we picked it because Cleveland is home to the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame and you can't be that close to a place like that with time on your hands and not stop there. That would be bordering on sacrilege. Unfortunately, there's no photography allowed inside the museum (probably too many copyright/contractual tangles), but luckily the exterior of the building is almost all glass. So the morning after our tour, we drove back past and stopped for a few photo ops of the long-lens variety.Violence Unsilenced
Stumble This!

12 comments:

Robin said...

That is some great looking glass. I'll also be humming Tommy for the next few hours, but it's okay, I still know all the words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Summer Stock Sunday is starting soon - come check it out!

Anonymous said...

It looks like La Pyramide du Louvre in Paris. Interesting.

Jeri ~ said...

So much glass - it is perfect for window views!

Lew said...

Interesting windows! Too bad you could not get a shot from the inside looking out.

Shadow said...

damn, i don't wanna wash those windows...

Shey said...

Love it! It's good you brought along the long range lens. It's a shame no photos were allowed inside. This just makes my hand itchy for some "shutter" time. But then you got a nice shot of the glass windows outside. Nice!

Unknown said...

Thats one cool construction and shot.
Shame that so many museums have the "No photos" rule.
They should be glad for free advertisement, I'll never get it...

Jientje said...

It looks like a roof, but it's really a window because of all the glass. Now that's an interesting take on this theme!!

Ivanhoe said...

That's right in my backyard and I never thought of posting it on window views. Clever!

Dianne said...

I love all the glass! I really want to visit there

kayerj said...

sweet windows!

Annie Jeffries said...

I know this is a pretty obvious reaction but I just can't help be think about the window washers hanging on the sides of that building.