Monday, June 29, 2009

Thematic Photographic 55: "Cloudy" v.6.0


"Somebody Call Noah."
Raleigh, NC - April, 2009 (Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

The weather here is notoriously unpredictable any time of year, but on this day we saw it go from what you see here to bright and sunny and almost back again in the course of a single workday. This shot I took early in the morning for a "Rain" theme. That afternoon I was shooting a "Spring Flowers" theme. And by the time I left work I was shooting an as-yet unused skyscape of the clouds rolling back in. You could say I caught the April showers and the May flowers in just about eight hours. (Well, you could say that, but why would you?) But when I took this shot, it was pouring.
Stumble This!

4 comments:

Daryl said...

Bad sky, fabulous shot

Shadow said...

4 seasons in a day...

annalarssonphotography said...

You captured this great!
And I love the title 'Somebody Call Noah' - perfect for this picture!

carmilevy said...

I feel like I could reach out and touch it.

Sometimes I look at a sky like this and I can't believe that it was perfectly blue mere minutes before. Gotta love how Ma Nature works.