Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thematic Photographic 63: "Summer" - v.2.0 "Happy Together"


"Jag vakar över dig"
North Topsail Beach, NC - July 2009 (Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

I don'treally know enough about avian behavior to know this for sure, but it appeared that these two sandpipers either already were or were planning to be a mated pair. Looks to me like the one standing is keeping watch over the one... not standing. Or maybe I'm completely full of it and they just happened to be in the same place at the same time and simply employing different methods of resting their legs.
Stumble This!

5 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

You speak Swedish?

annalarssonphotography said...

Älskade du...
Now you really made me cry - the happy ones!

This is really an amazing shot and your words..
Kärlek!!
Anna

annalarssonphotography said...

I forgot - thank you for the title!

Jag vakar över dig också.

Shadow said...

a bird on one leg is a happy bird they say...

Unknown said...

I love it when birds balance like this, especially seeing the smaller birds do it! He looks coy.