Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Thematic Photographic 66: "Shiny" v.6.0 - Road Rage Suppressive Therapy


"Who Can Stay Mad When He's So Nice About It?"
I-40 East between Greensboro and Burlington, NC - September 2009 (Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

Every now and then you see something that just has to be photographed because nobody will believe it otherwise. This doesn't really rise to that level, but it still, in my mind, needed to be documented. Needed it badly enough for me to dig the camera out of the bag and load a new memory card all with one hand in order to capture the image (I'd already shot 1200 or so photos that day, maxing out exhausted an 8Gb CF card). After snapping a few one-handers, I went on around the truck wondering how many times his bumper has been photographed in his travels. And marveling at the ingenuity of this method for conquering road rage. After all, who would read this and still be enraged?
Stumble This!

5 comments:

Daryl said...

I bet this is to quell those who get stuck behind it when its unloading ...

annalarssonphotography said...

Nice dude!
Great eye on this one :)

Maude Lynn said...

Sorry, but my road rage only responds to medication!

carmilevy said...

Your multitasking skills are remarkable. I'd be cursing myself for not being able to capture great perspectives like this while underway. I think I need a remote control camera on the dash!

It would be SO ironic if this guy actually drove like a doof.

Lil Bit said...

And might I add, you must have one clean damn windshield to snap that so clearly. No bug guts or ANYTHING? lol