Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Thematic Photographic 66: "Shiny" v.7.0 - Your Nose Is Shining


"Chrome Dome"
Winston Salem, NC - September 2009 (Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

I am pretty sure that the nose cone covering the hub of an airplane propeller has a real official name (besides "nose cone covering the hub of an airplane propeller" I mean). But just this minute I can't think of it. But whatever its called, this sure was a shiny one. I ran across this privately owned light plane at the Winston Salem Air Show during a lull in the aerial performances and was struck by the reflection of the sky in the convex shape. Okay, so I'm weird that way.
Stumble This!

4 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

This made me say "oh, wow" out loud! That is a truly amazing catch.

Unknown said...

Better put some powder on it then - or not - it's pretty!

Anonymous said...

Ok this is just wicked!OMG!

Shadow said...

that looks fast