Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Thematic Photographic 73: "Leaves" v.1.0 - Turning Over An Old Leaf


"Pages of History"
Raleigh, NC - May 2009 (Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

I've never quite understood how the pages of a book came to be called "leaves", but since they have I thought this shot would make a cool departure from the doubtlessly impressive collection of autumnal goodness this week's Thematic Photographic theme (Leaves) will bring down. I do, however, know that it's this enigmatic naming convention that gave rise to the phrase "turning over a new leaf". That hardly applies in this case since the family bible is probably a couple of hundred years old. And requires two volumes. But old leaves make cooler photos.
Stumble This!

8 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

I kind of prefer the old ones to the new ones. The effect of the two candles together is super. Together they sure do bring out the age of those tomes.

Glennis said...

Ah! I was thinking of those kind of leaves, too!!

Dianne - Bunny Trails said...

Ah, very clever you are, my friend. The composition is lovely. Ever so peaceful.

If you'd like to see my more conventional leaves, you'll need to head to my other blog.

theMuddledMarketPlace said...

breathe in- breathe out

a lovely winding down image.......

Maude Lynn said...

It is a gorgeous photograph!

Marie said...

What a lovely feeling in your photo. The light is awesome :-)

Unknown said...

Such a nice feeling to this photo - makes me feel warm and loved and that I should be curled up in front of a fire with a good book.

carmilevy said...

Great twist on the theme! I feel like laying my head down on the table Right There. Lisa's so right: this scene has such a nice feeling. Warm and welcoming. I can almost hear the soft buzz of the room.