Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Thematic Photographic 73: "Leaves" v.7.0 - Hosta la Vista Baby


"You Couldn't See That Coming?"
Raleigh, NC - May 2009 (Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

On the way from my parking deck to my office I have to pass by the Albemarle Building which has in front of it a collection of rather impressive raised beds kept planted with seasonal bulbs and/or perennial plants that pretty well keep going all year long. There's nearly always something growing and or blooming in there, and this past May I happened to catch these rather impressive hostas doing their best rain barrel impression. And since I couldn't resist closing out the "Leaves" theme with "hosta la vista baby", here they are for you to enjoy all these months later.
Stumble This!

6 comments:

Marice said...

great shot as always!

u may view mine if u have time

Miranda said...

Nice crisp shot. I love the title!

Amanda Moore said...

There you go trying to "pun"ish us again! Nicely done these are so crisp I could almost reach out and touch them!

carmilevy said...

Damn, isn't nature a scary-incredible artist, eh? Water droplets on velvety-soft leaves always get me, but only when they're captured with perfect precision. Which, bien sur, you have.

Unknown said...

No, I didn't see that coming, but I should have!

Shadow said...

that looks fresh