Saturday, November 14, 2009

Thematic Photographic 75: "Travel" v.4.0 - Undeserved Reputation


"Port of Cleveland Waterfront Park"
Cleveland, OH - August 2005 (Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

Cleveland has been the punch line in a lot of jokes over the years, and until I visited there in the summer of 2005, I bought into the stereotype myself. But truly, other than not being keen on lake effect snow I can think of lots worse places to be sent. This is a waterfront park at the Port of Cleveland and could rival anything you'd find in New England. Looking back on it, I wish we'd had more time to spend here, but such is the nature of a Great College Road Trip.
Stumble This!

1 comment:

carmilevy said...

I've always wanted to go to Cleveland. And now that I live in southwestern Ontario, I have no excuse: it's directly across Lake Erie from where I am.

This picture has such a lovely sense of dimensionality to it. Makes me want to sit on one of those benches and absorb the feeling of being by the water, in the shadows of the towers. You may not have been there long, but you captured the spirit of the place rather perfectly, IMHO.