Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thematic Photographic 76: "Orange" v.7.0 - Workhorse


"What Does 'Kubota' Mean Anyway?"
Jacksonville, NC - December 2008 (Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

Being raised a city boy, I know beans about farming. (That's a joke. Beans? Farming? Nevermind.) But being trained (a little) as a deisel mechanic, I know a little about heavy equipment and I know that Kubota paints all their stuff orange. I've often wondered if the big manufacturers got together in a big "color summit meeting" back in the day and agreed not to poach each other's colors. Hey, stranger things have happened.
Stumble This!

3 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

Of course, they did! And, now, rednecks like me can tell a John Deere from a Massey-Ferguson from two fields away.

PastormacsAnn said...

My 4 yr. old son adores tractors of all colors but he would esp. like this one because he loves the color orange.

carmilevy said...

Definitely a trademark color, and one that's now embedded into my retinas. I love that shade, especially the way it's lit by the sun and offset by the gritty stuff.