Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Thematic Photographic 83: "What I Did On My Vacation" v.7.0 - If These Jaws Could Talk


"But they don't..."
Surf City, NC - December 2009(Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

December 30th, 2009 yielded some photos I really loved. But for the first time in a while, the camera was not driving the agenda. It was ismply along for the ride. Or should I say walk. I spent the day learning that there is more in heaven and earth than can be captured by my Canon's sensor. This wasn't the end of the day, but it was the last of the photographs.

Last summer I encountered a 60-foot fiberglass shark outside another store like this one (which you've seen here in the past). Little did I know that a 60-foot fiberglass crocodile (or maybe alligator, I can never tell) awaited me a few miles to the south. The artist, Bob Duato (of Bob's Original Sculptures, LLC in Panama City, FL), has apparently done several of these in various locations throughout the southeast. Unfortunately, there's very little in the way of news that I could find online about him, his copmpany or his other works. We had stopped here after leaving the beach hoping to find a particular item of tacky beachwear, but unfortunately the place was closed.

And ya know, I didn't even care.


Stumble This!

6 comments:

Shadow said...

got eaten by a crocodile???

Esther Garvi said...

Lol, that really is a picture portraying danger!

Unknown said...

He's huge and I love him! Can you walk inside him?

snowelf said...

Ahem. There is no snow on this...alligator? I think NC is calling my name. :)

--snow

SandyCarlson said...

A totally multicultural affair as nothing in the place and nobody who works there is even remotely Topsail. But that's the fun of it, too. My dentist wants to get to know this guy.

Maude Lynn said...

I remember the shark. This is cool, too!