Saturday, February 13, 2010

Thematic Photographic 88: "What I Did On My Vacation" v.2.0 - Swing Time


"Solitude and Serenity"
Surf City, NC - December, 2009 (Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

It's no secret that Topsail Island is my new favorite place along the North Carolina coast. Here you can actually draw a breath without having to squeeze between the bodies to do it. And in late December, you can amplify that serenity by an order of magnitude. This was the final sunset of 2009, and it was pretty spectacular in my estimation. And I got lucky enough to tuen and look just as it painted the old swing bridge in Surf City a ruddy gold. Here is magic. A good place to be.
Stumble This!

4 comments:

carmilevy said...

The way the sun paints the bridge superstructure is nothing short of breathtaking. I love golden hour, and how it cranks up the emotional volume of any scene - not that this remarkable structure needed any amplification to begin with, but it's nice to have the option all the same.

It's been so grey every day here for weeks that I wonder when I'll get to wander the 'hood at day's end again. Now that I'm hanging out in a new part of town - east end, by the airport - I can't wait to have the chance.

SandyCarlson said...

I love that bridge. Love that view.

Maude Lynn said...

This has a lovely, clean feel to it, as if you can breathe the fresh air.

Carver said...

Beautiful shot of the bridge.