Saturday, May 29, 2010

one single impression: love


Love
Love

What is it about that word?

What is it that makes it different
From "Like" or "Admire" or "Respect"?
Why is it that after years of avoiding it
We give up on it, before ever really knowing it?

I-quit-I-give-up-Too-much-like-work, I said.
And life was simple,
Uncomplicated by some entanglement with Another.

Then came You.
Unannounced, and uninvited,
But welcome, for all that.

It isn't supposed to be this easy.
It takes work, takes effort.
Everyone says so.
Don't they?

But what if it is?

What if it is.just.this.easy?

I don't question it anymore.
I don't doubt it anymore.
I don't avoid it,
Not anymore.

How can I, now that I know?

I love you.

About this piece: It just doesn't have to be that hard.
I never knew.
Until I did.

About the photo: The gardens outside the UNC Greensboro School of Music. This image and several others are now available at


Stumble This!

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love.Is.

It's just that simple. So glad you've found it, and it has found you.

Aayushi Mehta said...

"I don't question it anymore.
I don't doubt it anymore."

You said it. This is how it should be. Pure and simple.
Hopefully we'll all be there someday:)

Sylvia K said...

Beautiful! I'm very happy for you and you do say it so well. Wonderful post for the day!

Sylvia

hope said...

Isn't it great when the light dawns. :)

Daryl said...

Aw.

Fireblossom said...

Well you old softy, you. ;-)

brenda w said...

The ease of something real brings laughter to the surface.

Anonymous said...

Heartfelt and simple, you portray the essence of love. Simply beautiful, stuff people can relate to.

Harshad Mehta said...

"I don't avoid it,
Not anymore."

how I wish one is taught to accept it so simply early in life?

Wonderful words for experience that life goes through for simple lessons.

Amity said...

The ifs...they are a lot, but realizing after all that you love the person, hold no weight anymore as love is as powerful than anything else in the world!

Very nice thoughts this is!

Vinay Leo R. said...

a very profound ending. u did it full justice i felt. good one Mojo.

Ramesh Sood said...

Simply beautiful.. very true.. my comment is the first thought in my post.. do visit.. you have put it across making it look so simple.. very nice..

Unknown said...

SImple, easy lovin is the best! I never knew until I knew either, but I never thought of it this way! :0)

Sherri B. said...

You expressed love so beautifully...it really is simple, but we can make it so difficult.

floreta said...

very sweet poem! unentanglements definitely is easier.. but hopefully i'll find one of those "easy" loves in my lifetime!

Tumblewords: said...

Sometimes it works just like that. Nice post!

Robin said...

Beautiful. You're positively radiating happiness lately, and that makes me so very happy for you. For both of you.

SisterJulia said...

Uncomplicated by some entanglement with Another.

Love this whole post, Loving the idea of love that un-complicates us :)

Loch Rob said...

Love is like that. We give up, then something happens to reignite the flame. After that, nothing matters but love itself. Very nice.

Carina said...

Beautiful! I'll bet this poem made someone cry. It should, anyway.

Pearl said...

trust with no games. love isn't so much work, agreed.

gabrielle said...

Beautiful. I found love late in life too. I am happy for you!

Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

unannounced and uninvited...the best way for love to grab ya! :))

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

lovely poem.
Happy Sunday!