Monday, March 02, 2009

Blue Monday #23: Morehead City One More Time


"Channel Marker"
Atlantic Beach/Morehead City, NC - October 2008 (Click to embiggen)

 Hosted by Smiling Sally

I never cease to be amazed at how blue the water in Bogue Sound looks at a distance. Up close, it looks nothing like this. But it does make a great photo. That -- as you probably surmised -- is Morehead City, NC in the background as seen from the foot of the bridge going across to Emerald Isle and Atlantic Beach. At low tide, you could walk from those houses almost as far as the channel marker you see in the center of the frame. But another few steps and you'd better be able to swim because the channel is dredged for some pretty heavy-duty ships that dock at the State Port just a few miles east of here.Violence Unsilenced
Stumble This!

14 comments:

MsTypo said...

Great photo! It reminds me of some beaches i've visited. I love the watching the differences between low tide and high tide. It's silly but seeing people wander where there should be 10 feet water amuses me. :)

Judith said...

ooooo so blue - the water looks as though it would feel crisp and cool, Judith

SmilingSally said...

lol No, I wouldn't be able to swim--that is unless the water is magical and would turn me into a fish! Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

Shadow said...

i agree, great shot!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

At first, I thought that was the battery in Charleston! Neat shot, Mojo! I'm leaving town in a few, but I wanted to drop by and tell you that I hope you have a great Blue Monday...

XO,

Sheila :-)

♥ Kathy said...

I'm amazed by how blue it looks too..great shot! And I guess I'd swim if I had to lol but I probably wouldn't get out there in the first place. Happy Blue Monday :)

Elaine said...

I love the North Carolina coastline. This is a lovely shot!
Elaine :)

LADY JANE said...

Love your photo...will keep my distance...lol...I can't swim a lick!

Barbara said...

I wasn't far from Morehead City a couple of weeks ago. My son took me from Norfolk down to Cape Hatteras. It was my first trip to the Outer Banks and I loved it!

Unknown said...

Now that's what I call blue :)
Weird that it wouldn't be that blue close up :)

April said...

Absolutely gorgeous...Happy Blue Monday!

Sweetie said...

I think that the water is the most beautiful and bluest water that I have ever seen. What a terrific photo. Happy Blue Monday.
Sweetie

Unknown said...

What a great photo; it makes me yearn even more for summer so we can put the boat back in the water.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Great Photo..thanks for sharing..Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria