Tuesday, January 05, 2010

The Spiffy Report: Happy (belated) Anniversary!


"Sorry guys, I'm just a bit distracted lately."


January 3, 2009
The wedding came off with a hitch, which was part of the plan. The Tiny House was stuffed to the gizzard with friends and family, most of whom drove over an hour to be here. I’m extremely grateful to the folks who came to celebrate with us! Bloggers you know were here as well, notably Kenju (and Mr. Kenju), Renn, Mojo, and Tiff, who played the part of Bride.
"Saturday was a pretty darned good day.

There were snacks
And flowers
And friends and family
And a minister
And a bride and groom

There was the mention of death's bony finger*, words of love, an exchange of rings, and a kiss. No, TWO kisses. BONUS!"

Those of you who know me best know this: I don't shoot weddings. I just don't. It's not my thing for a lot of reasons and there are people (who are much better at it than I) who will be thrilled beyond reason to do the job for you. But it's not for me. But in the last (counting on fingers) eight years there have been exactly two exceptions that prove the rule. The first of these involved people you never heard of (though a couple of their photos did sneak onto my blog). the second case, however, was the social event of the season for Western Wake Forest, the Spiffy Wedding wherein Tiff and Biff pledged their undying love and devotion one to the other in the presence of witnesses and one tres cool minister who could even pull off Death's bony finger with aplomb. (Don't ask.)

What's disturbing is that I was at this wedding, and even provided the twenty-seven 8 x 10 color glossy photographs with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was should they ever need evidence that these nuptials actually took place. And despite all that...

The anniversary of this blessed event completely slipped by doddering old man's mind until just a while ago when Tiff left a comment on ... one of today's other posts. (I forget which one)

Guys, I can only chalk it up advancing age and recent distraction. But I hope the new waffle iron is kicking some blueberry butt and taking names.

Happy (belated) Anniversary!

*Specifically, there was mention of pulling Death's bony finger.

Stumble This!

8 comments:

kenju said...

Well, you OBVIOUSLY didn't visit MY blog on the 3rd because I posted a bit about it!!

Daryl said...

UH OH ... but you did a nice recovery post... til kenju outed you for not reading their blog

tiff said...

Oooh - Mojo's in TRUBLE!

Thanks man for the wonderful post, the shout-out, and the remembrance. Heck, my won KIDS had to remind me of the onrushing 03/01. Therefore, you dodder in good company. :)

SandyCarlson said...

What Daryl said. The description of the big day itself...is delightful.

Unknown said...

Doofus! That's something I would do. Hopefully they had a nice anniversary. :)

Unknown said...

You have a great site here. I have a travel blog myself which I hope to be a top resource for information on vacation destinations.

I'd like to exchange links with you. Please let me know if this is possible.

Jason
ThatVACATIONfeeling.com

Sukhmandir Kaur said...

Hey as long as it's not your own anniversary you missed no worries :) Happy WW

magiceye said...

blame it on the blue moon effect!!