Saturday, May 30, 2009

Did You Vote Today?


This just in: has been nominated for the BlogLuxe 2009 Most Inspiring Blog Award, to be presented at BlogHer 2009.

Updates: First off, thanks to for finding out that the voting closes July 6th. Much appreciated! Second, several people have told me they've had trouble navigating the BlogLuxe voting page, and frankly it's not especially intuitive. So in the interest of making the process as non-stress-inducing as possible, I've compiled a detailed guide to navigating the page, complete with illustrations. Hopefully, this will make it easier for you to get to the right place and cast your vote. But if you're still having problems with it, just let me know and I'll address any questions you have the best I know how.

Personally, I can't think of a blog more deserving, or an award more fitting. Because it's impossible to read any of the stories shared on VU and not be inspired by them. And this is your chance to say so. This is your chance to give the contributors that have so courageously shared their most painful memories the validation they deserve, and to do it in a very public, very emphatic way. Because VU isn't about a blogger, or a couple of bloggers. Violence UnSilenced is about survivors, and their will to not only break free themselves, but to try to help others to break free from the prison of domestic violence as well.

The authors who contribute their stories to VU do it with only one possible "payoff" in mind. They do it because they know that someone out there is living the same story. Someone is suffering the same abuse and degradation and humiliation and shame they did. And if that someone knows that she or he is not "different", that someone else has come out the other side, it just might be the thing they need to finally summon the courage to get out of their situation before it's too late. That is first, last and always the mission of Violence UnSilenced.

Inspiration is what VU is all about, and as such I know of no more appropriate way to recognize it than with an award for Most Inspiring Blog. So get clicking my friends. Follow the link form the badge at the top of this post, then scroll down to the Most Inspiring Blog Category. Click the banner to open the list of nominees, then find Violence UnSilenced and hit that vote button. You'll be asked to provide a name and email address for auditing purposes, and you can vote once per email address per day.

As of this writing, I don't know when the voting closes, but it could continue through July 23rd, 2009 when the awards are presented at BlogHer 2009. But for as long as the voting is open I hope you'll support the writers at VU with your vote. (If you would like a reminder sent to you by email, send your name and email to me at: jbengel [at] brandenburg3 [dot] com with "Subscribe: BlogLuxe Voting Reminder List" in the subject and I'll add you to a mailing list to be distributed daily.)

Thank you all for your continued support of Violence UnSilenced and the writers that make it happen.

Violence UnSilenced
Stumble This!

16 comments:

Cloudia said...

I'm going to vote right NOW!
Aloha, MoJo

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

Voted.
Reminds me of Dave Pelzer that I've featured for PhotoHunt yesterday @ http://napaboaniya.blogspot.com/2009/05/photohunt-books.html

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

All right I have voted eight times tonight, will do the same tomorrow and so forth until it ends .. thanks for reminder.

Maddy said...

Well I shall go and do the right thing in that case.
Cheers

The Bumbles said...

Hey Mojo - I went to the site and the page didn't load completely for me - not sure why - the vote buttons weren't appearing. So I'll check back again later. But I did want to let you know that per the rules it says you can vote for nominees up until July 6th after which time the panel takes over to select the winner.

kenju said...

I voted, and I will try to remember to do it everyday.

Unknown said...

Way to go - off voting!

SandyCarlson said...

On it, boss. Thanks.

NV said...

Checking this out now. Bless you for doing this. I can't think of a more deserving site.

Maude Lynn said...

Marvelous post, Mojo. I'm going to vote now . . .

Maggie, Dammit said...

MOJO!

I owe you about a hundred emails. This is the first one I opened. You know why I've been remiss.

I just adore you from your head to your toes. Thank you.

me said...

Mojo leads -- the smart follow. Thanks for the heads up Mojo, i will do what I can to spread the word in my neck of the woods

Tiggs said...

Best of luck with the voting... you're doing such a beautiful and necessary (unfortunately) thing for so many folks!

Mariposa said...

I voted already! And will ask everybody at home to do so...and I will make sure I do an echo post on this tomorrow!

Mimi Lenox said...

I voted but need to be careful next time because of the way the page loaded I think I voted for the wrong person.
Tomorrow I will get it right!!

Argh.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.