Sunday, July 26, 2009

Don't You Wish You Were Me Right Now? - Part V


"Time For Me To Fly"
Topsail Beach, NC - July 2009 (Click to embiggen)


Day 3: You can only hang out at the beach soaking up sun, sand and surf and getting an eyeful of breathtaking vistas before it starts to get old. I've never had enough time (or money) to figure out exactly how long that takes though. In a few hours, I will head back to Life-As-I-Know-It, glad I took this time for myself, sorry that it was over way too soon. And I'll take back (tons of) photos I got and thoughts of connections I missed. All part of the whole of the experience. But what's cool about the ocean is that it will always be there. It waits, with eternal patience, while we go about our Very Busy Schedules doing Very Important Things. It waits for us to return and visit for a while, and it never complains that we never call anymore. It listens to us as we frantically chatter about market trends and career opportunities. It hears our complaints about Kids Today and The Latest Hollywood Scandal and how it's impossible to keep your lenses from fogging up early in the morning in this humidity. And it passes no judgment, offers no opinion, makes no criticism, pays no compliments.

It simply listens.
Related Posts


Stumble This!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are right.....
I also think, the ocean is most beautiful and most dangerous place on earth....:-)
Your image is enchanting....

Maude Lynn said...

"I've got to set myself free . . ."

Gorgeous post.

annalarssonphotography said...

I'm thinking of the movie
'The Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind' when I see this shot and read your gorgeous post.

Sometimes you must leave to be able to return.
I hope you listened to the oceans whispers before you left.

Kram!

Maggie said...

It is wonderful moments like the ones you showed at the beach which gives the strength to go back and deal with issues in a busy life.

Loved your post and the photo.

Sylvia K said...

I feel this way every time I drive down to the beach -- of course, I'm very fortunate, it only takes five minutes. The view is never exactly the same, but always takes my breath away. Marvelous post, Mojo, and most definitely spoke to me. There's just something about the water that never fails to say something of importance to me. Glad I live so close and, no, it never gets old.
So glad you had a good trip, hope you can do it again soon.
Sylvia

Unknown said...

The title DOES about sum it up. I'm afraid that compared to my Portuguese, my HTML is very, very weak. ;-)