Tuesday, July 07, 2009

That's My World Tuesday #38: What (TF) Lies Beneath?


"Cafe Carolina, Cameron Village"
Raleigh, NC - May 2009 (Click to embiggen)

Be a virtual tour guide on That's My World Tuesday

Unless you live in Raleigh, NC you probably have never heard of Cameron Village Shopping Center. It's one of Raleigh's oldest, and dates back to ... well before I was born... and I'm damned old. At one time it was "the" shopping center in town, before the age of "malls" came and torpedoed the retail market in the city center and the immediate outlying areas like this one. But Cameron Village maintained a niche for itself, one that's grown a good bit in the last several years with the "revitalization" of downtown. For folks living in the city core, this is the 'burbs! But if you've been bouncing around the intertubez in the last week or so, you may have heard of -- or seen -- Cameron Village viewed from another angle. Apparently this YouTube video made by a maintenance camera in the sewer lines below the strip mall has already gotten about 4 million hits.


Stumble This!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

now that life form is gross...plain and simple...ick.
like the pretty painted wall though :)
have a wonderful evening.

??? said...

Ok, that's weird. Whatever it is. I love the internet...
The mural is beautiful!

Sylvia K said...

Great shot of a lovely mural! I'm unable to access Youtube from here, but I'm going to go take a look! The other comments have gotten my curiosity aroused! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I love that mural. Can't access the video clip from work, may check it out later.

SandyCarlson said...

That mural is really wonderful. The sewer video has a medical quality to it that creeps me out.

Jane Hards Photography said...

I still say shopping centre even though they are now malls in the UK too. Thumbs up on the mural, but the vid, Yuk!

Marja said...

The wall painting is fantastic but I don't know why 4 mil. people wanna watch that groce

Mamie said...

I'm from Greensboro and we used to make a detour on our way to the beach to shop at Cameron Village. It was so exciting!

Remember the underground? I had some fun there - they took paradise and put up a parking lot. And my kids used to exercise in the basement of Boylan Pearce (where the Fresh Market is now, I think). I always say if they don't have it at Ridgewood or Cameron Village, I don't need it! And that's been true for me since 1970 when I came here to college.

You made me think.

Paul said...

love the mural! the other thing... not so much.LOL

Marites said...

love the mural too and the other thing is interesting even if it's really icky!

My world is up too.

Shadow said...

how pretty!

VALKYRIEN said...

The wall is beautiful!
The other thing: eweee!!!

Snap said...

I love the wall mural, but as for the *life form* ... not something I'd want in the family. :( !!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the mural it is beautiful..... the life form I am not supposed to say those words!

http://www.moorebloglife.com/2009/07/07/ruby-and-thats-my-world-tuesday-back-in-van-nuys/