Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Thematic Photographic 71: "Open" v.7.0 - Open Wheel


"1964 Lotus Super Seven"
Raleigh, NC - October 2009 (Click to embiggen)

Thematic Photographic hosted by Carmi - Button Image by Smarmoofus Hosted by Written Inc.

Okay, technically this 1964 Lotus Super Seven isn't an "open wheel car" since it actually does have fenders. But it's probably as close as you'll find to a true open wheel roadster among street legal automobiles. This shot came from what was billed as a "British Antique Car Show" back in May of 2009. I say "billed as" because there were a number of cars there that even a generous definition wouldn't classify as "antique", including the much younger sibling of this car -- a 2000 Lotus Seven. And frankly, I'm not sure how I feel about the term "antique" being used to describe a car built when I was four years old. But it's a photogenic little ride, whatever you call it.
Stumble This!

6 comments:

Robin said...

The way you've shot this it looks like it's got a face :).

Daryl said...

Robin's right it has a face ..before I read what it was, I thought it was an odd looking motorcycle sidecar!

ArtistUnplugged said...

What a nice face!

Unknown said...

He looks like a huge bug!

magiceye said...

love this composition

Maude Lynn said...

It does look like a face!

And, if it isn't older than me, it can't be an antique!