Friday, October 10, 2008

55 Flash Fiction Friday (#15): Chapter 8 - Ek Nai Shuruat


Breaking News!: Lime at House of Lime is turning 40 on Sunday.
There must will be cake! Stop by and say hi, wont you?
Some stories are the same in any language
There was little she owned and even less she cared to take with her. The fewer memories she took away from this place the better. The hyenas and jackals could have all of it... all of them.
As she stepped into the road she realized she'd slept undisturbed for the first time in two years.

Notes:
ek nai shuruat: a new beginning
Previous Chapters
Chapter 1: Vandhe Mataram!
Chapter 2: Aag Lagi
Chapter 3: Aur Nahin
Chapter 4: Bannaa
Chapter 5: Inteqam
Chapter 6: Azaadi
Chapter 7: Vah Khallas Hai

You wanna play too?
M6Friday: 55FlashFiction
G-Man
Stumble This!

13 comments:

Pam said...

great 55, mojo. you're right, some stories are the same no matter the language. i think this one is more prevalent than we would like.

i'm not up yet. i'm having a brain cramp lol

S said...

Alas, she has just taken one or two of her plain cotton ghetto sarees, tied some ruppess coins into the palu, and off she goes.
When one door is clos', another is open'

And yes, you did inspire the yurt posts! I had fun making them. So, did you think it looks like the inside of the I dream of Jeannie bottle?

Actually, it is insualated but yes it could be better.

Not writing a 55, i'm such a lameout.
Have a good weekend.
S

smarmoofus said...

Love the rephrasing... "all of them". Nicely done, Mojo. Very nicely done.

-smarmoofus

Mona said...

Yea, let them eat all of THEM, from head to toe!

I guess this revenge was sweet, so to make her sleep soundly thus!

G-Man said...

The word Jackal always sounds so creepy..
Great Job on the 55 Mojo. Thanks for playing and visiting so many other participants.
Have a Wonderful Week-End...G

SignGurl said...

Oooo... I can totally relate to her getting the best night's sleep in two years. This was nicely written!

tiff said...

You're a master of the cliffhanger!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Very nice! I've always liked flash fiction. My favorite is Hemingway's famous "For Sale: Baby shoes, never worn."

Akelamalu said...

I wish I could get a good night's sleep!

I love the way your chapters can stand alone, so well written!

snowelf said...

This reminds me of my first night in my very own apartment after I moved out of my house.

Happy Friday Mojo!

--snow

Maggie, Dammit said...

This is wonderful.

It's funny, one of them women I interviewed for that article didn't speak English, so we had an interpreter -- but I was far more interested in the things that were universal - the way she moaned, the way she rocked, the way she cried... I didn't need the meaning of her words to hear her story.

S said...

Well see, I didnt know about your HNT's because I am a defector of HNT.

I graduated.
I dropped out.
I.....evolved. :P

Anonymous said...

I'm with Akelamalu, I wish I could get a good night's sleep *glares at the cute baby*

Great 55 Mojo. And thanks for the link to that article. ;-)