Friday, November 21, 2008

55 Flash Fiction Friday #21: Chapter 14 - Akelee


Some stories are the same in any language.
It became a routine. Not on any schedule, but she knew he would come. Stinking of British liquor, grunting and slobbering like an animal. The rest avoided her, afraid his eye would settle on one of them. This was perhaps the gravest injustice of all, for it was for them that she bore these trials.

Notes:
akelee: alone (f.)
Previously
You wanna play too?
M6Friday: 55FlashFiction
Stumble This!

11 comments:

magiceye said...

brilliant!

Pam said...

he's a bastard...great installment, mojo. right now i'm so brain dead i have NOTHING. i'm so tired that my brain decided to say 'sayonara' for awhile lol

Mona said...

this is perhaps the most poignant & Ironic episode of the story uptil now!

kenju said...

I remember that!

Lulda Casadaga said...

Is it stinkin GIN? Because I love sinking GIN...:D Nice 55 work...although I'll have to go back to the beginning and play catch up!

g-man said...

I LOVE British Gin...
Thanks for visiting and always offering such quality work week after week Mojo..Have a Great Week-End...G

SignGurl said...

This sounds like a scene from my night last night. Hehe!

Nicely done!

Akelamalu said...

The image that your bring with your words is frightening. Very powerful.

S said...

Hides in the alley and waits. Late at night, she sneaks over and beats the crap out of the Brit Liquour Breath Drunkard, beats him to a bloody pulp, then gives the evil eye to all of those other bastards that lie there and watch, and I say to them, "if you touch her, you are next."

They all bow their heads.
Dont fuck with Kali.

;)

:)

S said...

(I wonder if that's 55 words?)

Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

I'm really impressed. Sensitive work, lot of emotion, but not mushy. I can visualize this as I'm reading and I can't wait to turn the page.
Eaton. :)