Friday, April 17, 2009

55 Flash Fiction Friday #41: Chapter 33 - Arjun


Some stories are the same in any language.
She'd shed her birth name, Vidya, along with all that tied her to her past, and as such "Anaamika" fit her as well as any name.
"Achchaa. I am Arjun", he replied. She hesitated, still unsure of his intent. Sensing her apprehension, he slid into the lorry first, allowing her the seat by the door.

Notes:
Anaamika: literally "nameless one", Anaamika is ironically a fairly common first name
Achchaa: literally "good", achchaa is frequently used to mean "very well", "I see", or "Really?" among other things. Its meaning, like many Hindi words, is entirely dependent on context.

Previously
M6Friday: 55FlashFiction
Violence Unsilenced
Stumble This!

9 comments:

Shadow said...

he sounds like a good guy.

Dr.John said...

Goood 55. The problem with continued 55 stories is it takes forever to get wherever it is one is going.

g-man said...

Dr. John...hehehehe
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now Mojo....Thanks for playing, and have a Great Week-End

FH said...

Happy Friday, have a wonderful warm weekend! :)

Hootin Anni said...

I'm not sure what a lorry is, and I had to Google it before I understood.

My 55 is posted, if you'd like to read it....scroll down below my Friday's Show N Tell photos.

Have a great weekend.

Head Cookie said...

Hello there good post I will keep following the story and my 55 is up and ready to be read. TGIF

Akelamalu said...

I hope he's one of the good guys!

Mine's up too.

Mona said...

he is taking pains to make her comfortable I see. I feel comfortable in this part of the story, so he has to be the nice guy! :)

Eaton Bennett aka Berenice Albrecht said...

He seems to be a good guy...I'm hopeful. She could do with some hope :)

my 55